Monday, May 7, 2012

A Convo Through Mail

When I last visited my dad a few weeks ago, I realized how excited he was to get the mail everyday.  This gave me an idea to send him a postcard once a week with a different picture and a story that goes with it.  Some would be of family, others would be of travel and a few of friends he has heard about but has never met.  I will mix it up and always send it on the same day of the week so he knows when to expect it. Each week I will post the postcard and message I sent to him to track for myself, my brother, friends, family and for others that I hope to inspire to encourage to reach out to loved ones.

This week to kickoff the start of the postcard conversation, I have sent my personal favorite, a picture of us taken 2 years ago at his home in Arizona:

Dad - Had to start my first postcard with my favorite picture of us as a family!  I love the action shot and it just reminds me how much fun we always have together.  Without the two of you, life would not be the same and I would not have an awesome brother (most of the time, lol).  Thanks for always keeping us together no matter where we lived throughout the years.

Love you,

Destiny
xxoo

ps, a huge shout out to Moo.com for making these beautiful postcards and being very customer friendly and price conscience.  They do postcards to business cards and much more, check them out!

2 comments: