Wednesday, March 27, 2013

A Convo Through Mail

Dad - I just got back from Florida visiting Mommom, Poppop, Tracey and Maureen before I traveled further south to see mom.  It was so great to hang with them and be in the kitchen with Poppop.  I also really enjoyed Palm Beach while I was there.  It's actually a very happening area and a mix of young and old.  A lot of money in that town ;)

Love you,

Des xxoo

When I last visited my dad a year ago, I realized how excited he was to get the mail everyday. This gave me an idea to send him a postcard once a week with a different picture and a story that goes with it. Some would be of family, others would be of travel and a few of friends he has heard about but has never met. I will mix it up and always send it on the same day of the week so he knows when to expect it. Each week I post the postcard and message I sent to him to track for myself, my brother, friends, family and for others that I hope to inspire to encourage to reach out to loved ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment