Wednesday, March 27, 2013

A Convo Through Mail

Dad - See Shane talking on the phone?  He was talking to me!  This was last year I think when he was in Philly hanging out with some of his friends.  We sometimes have these late night calls when we think we can solve the worlds problems.  We are so excited to come visit and I can't wait to catch up and relax with the two of you.

Love you,

Des xxoo

When I last visited my dad a year ago, I realized how excited he was to get the mail everyday. This gave me an idea to send him a postcard once a week with a different picture and a story that goes with it. Some would be of family, others would be of travel and a few of friends he has heard about but has never met. I will mix it up and always send it on the same day of the week so he knows when to expect it. Each week I  post the postcard and message I sent to him to track for myself, my brother, friends, family and for others that I hope to inspire to encourage to reach out to loved ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment